Ginger of commerce is the dried underground stem of the herbaceous tropical plant grown as an annual. The whole plant is refreshingly aromatic and the underground rhizome, raw or processed, is valued as spice. It has a fiery and pungent flavor. Ginger has several medicinal uses, commonly known for its effectiveness as a digestive aid.
Fresh ginger, dry ginger powder, oleoresin and oil are used in food processing. It is indispensable in the manufacture of ginger bread, confectionary, ginger ale, curry powders, certain curried meats, table sauces, in pickling and in the manufacture of certain cordials, ginger cocktail, carbonate drinks, liquors etc. In medicine, it is used as carminative and stimulant. It has wider applications in indigenous medicines. The ginger oil is used as food flavourant in soft drinks.
1. Ginger Contains Gingerol, a Substance With Powerful Medicinal Properties
2. Ginger Can Treat Many Forms of Nausea, Especially Morning Sickness
3. Ginger May Reduce Muscle Pain and Soreness
4. The Anti-Inflammatory Effects Can Help With Osteoarthritis
5. Ginger May Drastically Lower Blood Sugars and Improve Heart Disease Risk Factors
6. Ginger Can Help Treat Chronic Indigestion
7. Ginger Powder May Significantly Reduce Menstrual Pain
8. Ginger May Lower Cholesterol Levels
9. Ginger Contains a Substance That May Help Prevent Cancer
10. Ginger May Improve Brain Function and Protect Against Alzheimer's Disease
11. The Active Ingredient in Ginger Can Help Fight Infections